Tomato & Cucumber Salad

Friday, January 1, 2010

This is a simple and clean salad that is refreshing; perfect as a side to any meal. I usually make this when I've bought cucumbers for salads or a dip and have extra lying around and I usually have tomatoes in the house.

Ingredients:
1 Cucumber
2 Tomatoes on the vine (beefsteak work too)
1/4 cup Balsamic Dressing (or to own likeness)

I like a ratio of 2 medium sized tomatoes to 1 cucumber but you can mix it up as you desire. I find that this ratio gives about equal parts of each.

Simply cut tomato into 8th or 16ths, I like small sections as they're easier to eat and allow a combination of everything in one bite getting a mix of all the flavors.

You can vary the way you serve the cucumber depending it you like the skin or not. Occasionally I'll peel the cucumber and seed it. After peeling the cucumber, cut along the length of cucumber to expose seeds. I use a small spoon tip and start at the end dragging it along the length to remove the seeds.

Simple, easy, and delicious!


Variations:
Peeled cucumber & Tomato over spinach salad


Cucumber, Tomato, and Mozzarella


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP