Registered for my first Tri!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Today was a very exciting day for me. I had to pull myself out of bed at 8:20 after being in the Formula shop from 1PM yesterday to 1AM this morning and drag myself to work by 9. I've begun keeping a journal of my daily intake including meals, drinks, and snacks as well as recording my energy levels (how I feel), activities, and rise and sleep times.

After work Michelle and I grabbed a quick lunch at Moe's and then headed home where I had a package waiting at my door. I'm not sure if what you get inside the package is more exciting than just coming home and finding a package even if you know your ordered and tracked its shipment, it's still exciting!


While home this weekend I ordered this lens, its a 50mm (fixed focal length) and makes for awesome closeups. The lens marks the third of five items I've bought or received from my Gear Geek Holiday Wishlist.

Michelle and I decided to spend the rest of the afternoon running errands and paying bills (never fun) and stopped by Run About Sports to see what they had in terms of swim gear for this upcoming weeks practices. I picked up a pair of goggles and jammers, using my TriAdventure discount of 10% off, not a whole lot but 10% is another meal at Moe's helps.


Since I bought the equipment and I'm going to pay for the coaching I figured I should sign up for the Smithfield Triathlon before it fills up. I'm super stoked and really feel like the swim training from the coaching class will give me the confidence I need to complete the swim portion.

2 comments :

Anonymous ,  January 29, 2010 at 5:02 AM  

sounds awesome, but I think you should fess up and admit that the only reason you signed up for it is for the Free All you can eat BBQ afterwards.

R. Brett Sherfy January 29, 2010 at 5:19 AM  

I'm not going to lie, it was certainly a big incentive...I mean who doesn't love All You Can Eat Barbeque!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP