Tomato, Spinach, & Feta Omelet

Friday, January 1, 2010

While my normal morning routine allows for an hour from the time I wake up until the time "I'm supposed to be walking through the office door" doesn't lend itself to much more then cereal and a banana with the occasional yogurt and granola; on the weekend I like to indulge and get a bit more creative.


Ingredients:
3 Eggs (I prefer brown but it's your choice)
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
1/4 Chopped or torn spinach leaves
1 medium tomato on the vine
1 tbsp unsalted butter

Chop or tear the spinach leaves into bite size pieces or own likeness. I prefer to dice my tomato into 16ths as it makes eating them much more enjoyable, I like to go as small as I can before loosing all ability to hold seeds and juice. Crack three eggs into a mixing bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Beat the eggs until the whites and yokes are integrated. In a non-stick skillet over low heat melt the butter until it clarifies and skim off top.


Before butter begins to brown pour in eggs and allow to cook. Lift side of cooked section and tilt skillet to allow uncooked egg to fill void created by lifting.
Add feta, spinach, and tomato and let cook (about 1-2 minutes). move ingredients to one half of egg and flip other half over to make pouch.





Enjoy!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP