Steak Involtini

Friday, January 1, 2010

Giada is a good looking chef compared to most on Food Network and I usually try to catch her show on my break during lunch. This recipe caught my eye as I had a lot of the ingredients already and was in the mood for some red meat.

Ingredients:
2 Steak Milanesa (Giada suggested London Broil 1/8 thick, my grocery didn't have that cut).
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup cut or torn basil
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan oregano
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs (Italian style or plain to your likeness)
1 Jar marinara
Garlic
Salt & fresh ground black pepper
Olive oil



Combine mozzarella, grated Parmesan, basil, garlic, and some olive oil into paste. Spread on steaks and roll up securing with toothpick's. Roll in breadcrumbs and brown in pan over medium-high heat until brown, 5-6 minutes. Add marinara and simmer for additional 10-12 minutes. I changed the recipe to adjust with what I had (steak milanesa).

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP