Pumpkin Pikinz

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Today was an awesome fall day in Blacksburg and while it was cold and looked like it was going to storm all day, it made for awesome pictures at the pumpkin patch. A fun day playing in the pumpkin fields, my first hayride in a long time, and some awesome apple cider and hot dogs. I couldn't help but take a ton of pictures, my favorites are below.

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

This morning I had the brilliant idea that I would try and go for an 18 mile run, the second longest run on my training schedule behind one 20 mile run. At 2 hours I called it quits with just over 14 miles in sub 40 degree weather. I decided that I knew that after not training for weeks and being able to run that distance in a respectable time, with some more training I'll be fine with the marathon. My body has almost recovered from having the flu a few weeks ago and I was fearful of what another hour exposed to the harsh elements would do. When I got back I was still cold after a 30 minute hot shower, leading me to believe my core body temperature had to be low by maybe a degree or 1.5-degrees.

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 40 Degree Training Run

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP