Another Manic Monday!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Just as stressed and overstreched as any other Monday, it's now over and I'm officially starting my Tuesday with a very early morning post. Racing during the weekend really makes it fly by and before you know it, it's the week again and there is plenty of work to be done.

The weekend was very rewarding as a cyclist because it allowed me to gain a sense of where I stood against faster riders in the B category. Sunday I had the opportunity to race up a category, from C's to B's which was quite a difference. The field size shrunk significantly from 89 on Saturday to 39 on Sunday, making the race much more manageable. The course was long and had several very hairy sections including 3 crosses over a concrete storm drain channel that caused a serious accident sending 1 rider to the hospital. The 3rd turn of the first lap I went down and that made it tough to gain back ground and my position was set from the beginning, however I did gain a few places throughout the race and while I only place 32nd of 39, I was the last rider that finish all 6 laps, 33 and later finished a lap down. Since all three of us raced B's I didn't have an opportunity to take any photos of the race but I'm hopeful that I'll find some on the web posted here soon.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP