Montreal - Part Quatre

Sunday, September 19, 2010

After an amazing day watching the Grand Prix Cycliste Montreal, I headed back to my hostel to grab my bag and head for my train to Quebec City. Before I left town I stopped at Poco Rico, a rotisserie chicken place that's a few doors down from Schwart's and was also pointed out on my Montreal Cycle Tour.

The feature here is obviously the rotisserie chicken, but the big deal are the potatoes that are placed below the chicken as they cook where all the fat drippings land. Not the most healthy thing in the world but delicious none the less. After this terribly unhealthy meal I grabbed a Bixi bike to the hostel and retrieved my bag.

Poco Rico - Delicious rotisserie chicken and potatoes that's sure to take 5 years off my life.

mmm...Deadly.

The metro in the Montreal was good but finding the train station was the most difficult experience I've had ever with a transit system, including Paris and New York. After getting slightly lost on my way to the station I caught my train, I accidentally walked into a tattoo and piercing convention, no lie; I walk into a tattoo and piercing convention in toe with my luggage case and shoulder bag, looking VERY out of place.

I finally made it to Quebec City around 9PM, got maybe the scariest cab ride of my life, even after visiting NYC; this dude was driving a Prius and thought it was a Ferrari, redlining the thing every time he accelerated. Stayed at the Hilton in Quebec City, very nice hotel!

Sweet view from my hotel. Really neat at night.

The next day I had training for work that lasted until 5, but in the evening my boss and I headed out and walker around the city eventually finding a place to eat recommended by a local.

Parlement (Parliament) building.

Parc des Champs-de Batilles.

The parc was right on the water and pretty cool, after walking around a bit we worked up an appetite and headed towards dinner. A delicious eggplant lasagna and a raspberry cheesecake and cappuccino for dessert.


By the time I got my cappuccino however the dessert was gone, it would've been a pretty picture.

Sweet view of the streets in the morning on my way to Paillard Cafe.

Paillard Cafe. They didn't open until 7:30 so I had time to walk around, where I found the photo above.

Cafe au Lait, Brioche au Chocolate et Brioche au Sucre (breads with sugar and chocolate).

The rest of the week was filled with work and more delicious food. Eventually all good things must come to an end and I headed home with an early flight to Toronto before catching two more flights to Birmingham, AL. Just in time to be home for one day before heading to Columbus, GA for an omnium weekend.

Sunrise in the side-view-mirro, headed home.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP