Naval Academy Preview + NAHBS

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First - I'd like to mention that the results from this past weekends races at Wake Forest made it onto VeloNews.com, which is a cycling publication that is pretty cool, so I was stoked to see results posted there.

This week was a little tough to find time for the bike but I managed an easy hour on Monday afternoon for an active-recovery ride, 1-hour-55% of Functional Threshold Power (FTP).


After the ride I decided to play with my Gorilla Pod for a bit and see if I could get a photo that I had in mind. It didn't come out how I would have like but I think I now have a better way of accomplishing a similar idea. Maybe somewhere between these two:

Not enough...

Too much blur...

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving earlier than usual for a race weekend since the North American Handmade Bicycle Show (NAHBS) is in Richmond, the first time it's been on the East coast that I know of, and certainly not an opportunity to miss.

Super stoked for this event!

Four of us are leaving around 8AM tomorrow and will spend the day at the show before driving to MD for the night.

The Naval Academy host this weekends ACCCyling event with two races, a criterium on Saturday followed by an individual time trial on Sunday.

I have to make a note of this important fact though, you would think the Navy....well being the Navy and all would be very prompt and punctual, not the case. For some reason the race has already been delayed on Saturday morning:


As for the races, a preview of Saturdays crit. course:


and the individual time trial course for Sunday:

Not looking forward to this 17 miles of agony

1 comments :

Rainmaker February 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Cool stuff. Good luck this weekend - the weather looks like it'll mostly cooperate.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP