Feb⋅ru⋅ar⋅y - [feb-roo-er-ee, feb-yoo‑]

Monday, February 1, 2010

I always thought that February was spelled awkwardly.

From Dictionary.com

Feb⋅ru⋅ar⋅y
–noun, plural -ar⋅ies. the second month of the year, ordinarily containing 28 days, but containing 29 days in leap years. Abbreviation: Feb.

Also see: motivation to work my ass off!

Today marked a new month and with it comes incentive to train and train hard. There are exactly 12 days not including today until my first Collegiate Cycling Road Race at N.C. State. Not only that but today also marks 55 days until my first Triathlon, the Smithfield Sprint. Tonight was our weekly cycling team meeting and I found motivation after to come home and hop on the trainer. The tires in the bike were really low, magnifying how long I had been off the bike and how much the next hour was going to hurt.

My pain station

After checking the bike out and giving it a once over I hopped on and went to work, a 15 minute warm-up, followed by 45 minutes at endurance power 140-150 Watts and a 15 minute cool down. It didn't feel nearly as bad as I thought it would; I felt pretty good afterward, always a plus!

The rides Power Data

I hope to keep riding daily unless we have Triathlon training in which case I'll have to substitute or make up saddle time, right now just getting on a bike is an accomplishment.

Lastly for all of those out there who have decided February is the month for you to get in shape (Jeff) and plan on hitting the gym, be careful you may just find yourself in the E.R. according to this article.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP