2013 Race Schedule

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Well...I have already disappointed on my two "goals" of January which were to 1) blog two additional times, specifically about the time Michelle and I spent in the Outer Banks over the new year and 2) my projected race schedule for 2013.  The second one I have no excuse for because I already had most of the post written, I just needed to tweak a few things and post it.  Better late than never I suppose.

So here it is...the moment all two of you (Thanks for reading Dad and Michelle!) have been waiting for!


Race Schedule 2013


January 
  • 1/13/13 - Atlanta Hot Chocolate Run 15K Initially, when I wrote this post the Hot Chocolate 5K was in the projected schedule for 2013, but as we solidified our plans for the holidays this race was the first to meet the chopping block.  Probably because it was a little over 6 hours away and required a hotel, but also it was the only race we had planned for the holidays/break.  It's still high on my list of runs to do, eventually.  I mean they give out hoodies instead of race shirts AND the post race food is supposed to be AWESOME! Lets be honest, the food is really the whole reason I want to do the run!  The Hot Chocolate series is in a bunch of cities including Chicago, which is somewhere I've always wanted to visit, so maybe we'll put it on the calendar next year!
February
  • 2/16/13 - Blacksburg Classic - Completed! My first race of the season and it was humbling.  Look for a full report sometime this week (or next month based on my recent reliability)!
March
April
The Duke Energy Stair Climb is a little different than anything I have ever attempted.  I view it as a stepping stone to my real goal of eventually completing the Empire State Building Run Up!

May (Build phase/Taper)

June

Still up in the air between these two races.  I believe I have now passed the cost of the registration fees listed below but I'm too lazy to look them up, yes I know I linked them right below but that would require me being interested in going to look.  I just know (believe) they're currently more now then when I wrote this.

**Updated 3/19/2013** I seem to get a little "registration crazy" after a big race, in this case the Rock 'n' Roll USA (DC) Marathon.  The idea of stepping up to the 50 miler has been discussed for some time now so I finally decided to act on it and register.
or and possibly
  • 6/21/13 - Downtown Sundown 5K - This run is put on by Run About Sports for the downtown Blacksburg Summer Solstice Fest and hence the run starts at 8:30PM.  This wouldn't happen if I decided to run the Eastern Divide Ultra (Giles County above) but would work well with the North Face Endurance Challenge!
July (Rest)

August
September

  • 9/15/2013 - Hokie Half Marathon
October

This is a big marathon month so it would be tough NOT to do something or find a race to build up to either of the races I have listed for November.  A half may fit in well here but I'm also tempted to consider running (or attempting to) two marathons in the span of one month, not a calendar month but in a four week period just to see how my body would hold up.  Further, if I ever intend to complete the 50 State Marathon Challenge I will have to learn how to accomplish the above mentioned.

  • Brush Mountain Breakdown??
  • ??
November
December

  • 12/24/13 - Frosty 5K
So there you have it!  My 2013 race calendar laid out...nice and solidified! Right.  The nice thing about now have too many "big" races is the flexibility to do smaller, fun, local runs in the New River Valley Area!

I'm sure I will run some races that are not listed above and not run some that I have mentioned.  For example, the Lynchburg 10 miler could be a possibility this year, especially after I had such a blast racing it for free last year!  If anyone has a race they would be interested in doing together let me know, I'm always up for something new!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP